“My Name Used to be Jennifer, Now It’s Lucy’s Mom”
Identifying Lost Parts of Your Pre-Mommy Self and Claiming Your New Identity
If you are a mom, you know that nothing changes your life more than having a baby! With the joy and excitement of your new addition can also come exhaustion and other emotional challenges.
You may be wondering, “What happened to the woman I used to be, before my baby was born (and I was able to shower more than once a week, eat a meal sitting down, sleep more than 4 hours uninterrupted, go to the bathroom alone, have unbridled sex, and worked those late night hours and weekends guilt-free)?”
This safe, interactive, supportive and educational workshop will offer you an opportunity to explore some of these very normal yet confusing feelings about being a mom and a woman. This workshop will also help you take proactive steps to recapture the important and meaningful aspects of your previous sense of self while integrating them in new and exciting ways as a mom!
This workshop can be offered as:
- 1 hour talk + Q &A
- 2 ½ hour interactive workshop
This talk/workshop is for:
- A woman who is a new mom or mom to young children (infant to elementary school age).
- A mom who feels confused about the direction of her life – personally and professionally.
- A woman who is struggling with any or all feelings of exhaustion, guilt, overwhelm, frustration, ambivalence, shame in her many roles as a mother, spouse/partner, daughter, sister, friend, employee, etc.
- A woman who constantly wonders “how am I suppose to do it all and have it all!”
Goals for this talk/workshop:
- Feel supported, heard, understood, and nurtured in your role as a mom.
- Identify feelings that both create space for and limit personal growth and development.
- Gain tools to begin to find your authentic voice and true self.
Currently Being Offered: TBA